Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bon Jovi, 2008-06-04 - Austria, Vienna

And after Barcelona it's Vienna time.

Wed, Jun 04, 2008 in Vienna, Austria @ Magna Racino (Racino Platz, Ebreichsdorf)

I went on a plane on the day before, the 3rd of June at 01:30 am in Sky Europe. I arrive on Vienna Airport at 06:00 am.
At 06:39 I went on the OBB train from "Flugh.Wien Schwechat" (Vienna Airport) to "Wien Mitte" (Center of Vienna). I arrive there at 07:04 am. 3€40 the ticket.
From "Wien Mitte" at 07:17 am by metro to "Wien Meidling" another 1€70.
At 08:12 am I bought the ticket to the train to go from "Wien Meidling" to Ebreichsdorf. Another 3€40.
I caught the train at 9:18 am and arrived at Ebreichsdorf at 9:49 am.
From the Ebreichsdorf train station to the place of the concert I caught a taxi. I payed a fixed price of 5 or 7 or 10 Euros. I don't remember right now.

At 10:20 am I was already on the concert place:
- Magna Racino (Racino Platz, Ebreichsdorf).

It was time to have a number of the Backstage club and to wait. I wait all day. I slept on a friends car. It rained a lot on that night. Everyone was on the cars.

On the morning of Wednesday, the day of the show all the cars started to arrive and to go to a dirty camp on the right side of the concert place on the other side of a road.

Time to get the tickets:

Almost time to get in.

Finally we were inside.

Almost time the the first band:

We had 2 bands before the main event.

The first band playing was PBH Club. They played for 31 minutes.

Sunrise Avenue was the 2nd band playing. They played for 45 minutes. I really like them. The vocalist is crazy for Bon Jovi and even got a Superman tatoo.

Finally was time for Bon Jovi. They appeard before 9 pm and played for 126 minutes.

What a great show it was. Bon Jovi playing in the rain. I will write here the setlist and then talk about the show:

LOST HIGHWAY
BORN TO BE MY BABY
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
COMPLICATED
CAPTAIN CRASH AND THE BEAUTY QUEEN FROM MARS
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD / Glory Days / Mercy
ROCKIN' ALL OVER THE WORLD
BLAZE OF GLORY
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
IN THESE ARMS
GARAGELAND
I GOT THE GIRL
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
KEEP THE FAITH
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (Richie Sambora on Vocals)
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
HAVE A NICE DAY
BAD MEDICINE / Shout
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

ENCORE:
ANY OTHER DAY
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE


I love the show. the 2nd time I saw Bon Jovi in Austria. The first was in Innsbruck in 2006/05/30.

It was amazing to hear the songs "Complicated", "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Glory Days / Mercy", "Garageland", "I Got The Girl" and "Any Other Day".

To hear Glory Days from Bruce Springsteen was awsome.

Here are some videos (4) I made of Bon Jovi in Vienna (hope you will love them):

Bon Jovi-Complicated, Vienna, Austria, 2008-06-04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuWG-we5eo
And the video:


Bon Jovi-GloryDays+NoMercy+ISWID, Vienna, Austria,2008-06-04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qigFld33-cE
And the video:


Bon Jovi-ISWID+RockinAllOverTheW, Vienna, Austria,2008-06-04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSIY0gM3MZU
And the video:


Bon Jovi-RockinAllOverTheWorld, Vienna, Austria,2008-06-04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_TP-tSKmg
And the video:


After the show I went with some friends to the car to try to get out of there and to go to the train station in Ebreichsdorf.
There was a big confusion on the car park and I took about 4 hours to get out of there and to get to the train station. It was crazy.

I caught the train from Ebreichsdorf to "Wien Meidling".
From "Wien Meidling" by metro to "Wien Mitte".
After 08:39 I went on the OBB train from "Wien Mitte" (Center of Vienna) to "Flugh.Wien Schwechat" (Vienna Airport).

I was so tired in Vienna with the rain that I went to the airport really early. I arrived to the airport more or less at 10:00 am. And stay there all day till I caught the plain at 21:30. And arrived in Lisbon at 23:55.
I only stay in Lisbon for a few hours because I had to catch another plain at 10:35 am (Friday, 6th of June) to Dublin (that story will be later in another post).

I hope you like the 4 videos.

Next is Dublin on the 7th of June. I was there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ois Pedro! ... Gostei de ler a tua história e ver as tuas fotos. Estou curiosa ... eu pensava que uma das vantegens de fazer parte do BSWJBJ era evitar as filas longas e as idas muito cedo para o concerto para ter um lugar melhor ... no entanto foste bem cedinho ... isto para poderes ficar na primeira fila?
Depois foste ter com o irmão do JBJ para obteres um número ... para estares na 1ª fila? ou foi para entrares primeiro que o resto do pessoal que tinha bilhetes para GC? Ok perguntas chatas de responder mas estou mesmo curiosa. Tks!