Saturday, August 29, 2026

Robbie Williams, Interpol, Maro, Angine de Poitrine, Folk Bitch Trio 2026-08-28 MEO Kalorama, Lisbon

Fri, August 28, 2026 in Lisbon, Portugal @ MEO Kalorama

It was a show with 40.000 people.

I bought the ticket and went to MEO Kalorama only to see Robbie Williams.
It was my first time at this festival, although I was already familiar with the venue, as Parque da Bela Vista is where Rock in Rio used to take place.
I bought the ticket as soon as sales were announced. At that time, you could only buy a pass for the full three days of the festival, so I ended up buying that three-day pass. Back then, it wasn't yet known which day Robbie Williams would be performing.
A few days later, the price of the 3-day pass went up; a few days after that, they started selling single-day tickets, and it was announced that Robbie Williams would perform on the first day of the festival, August 28th.
I have to say, this way of selling tickets is ridiculous. I’ve been to many major festivals both here in Portugal and in the UK and I’ve never encountered such a rip-off when it comes to ticket sales.
I just hope that in the future, no band or singer I like performs at this festival.

Here is the story of my adventure getting to the venue:

I woke up to an alarm at 4:30 AM to leave at 5:00 AM. I walked to Parque da Bela Vista, took me around 50 minutes to get there.

I went to pick up the wristband I was entitled to with the 3-day pass around 1 PM.
When it was time to enter at 4:30PM, we were on the road behind a barrier. They removed the barrier, and we started walking calmly with security walking backwards in front of us until we reached the next security checkpoint to be searched.
We heard a security guard telling men to go right and women to go left. I was already on the right side, which made things easier for me. I walked a bit, got searched by a police officer, and suddenly started running; I went up the main stairs and then showed my wristband, which got me straight in. I ran a little further ahead and then started heading down toward the main stage (I went to the left side).
I reached the spot I wanted—on the left side of the stage, near a set of stairs in the middle of the catwalk where I hoped Robbie Williams might come down during the concert (which is exactly what happened; he came down those stairs at least twice).
Once I reached my spot, I kept an eye out for my three friends that I had agreed outside the venue that whoever arrived first would save a place for the rest. I managed to spot them arriving one by one, called them over individually, and we all ended up together.

Scheduled times next.
General doors - 16:30
To start (1st band) at 17:35 -> Folk Bitch Trio
To start (2nd band) at 19:00 -> Angine de Poitrine
To start (3rd band) at 21:00 -> Maro
To start (4th band) at 23:10 -> Interpol
To start (5th band) at 01:20 -> Robbie Williams
Close of MEO Kalorama - 03:30

The first band on stage was Folk Bitch Trio. They played for 37 minutes (17:34 - 18:11). Played a set of 9 songs.

Never heard of them before. They are an Australian musical trio. The trio comprises Grace Sinclair, Jeanie Pilkington and Heide Peverelle.
I really liked their sound. I will definitely keep an eye on what they do in the present and future.
Between songs, one of the vocalists mentioned that just an hour earlier they had still been at the airport, having gone through three flight changes to reach Lisbon, and that they had arrived at the venue only 30 minutes prior.

I will write here the setlist:


01. The Actor
02. Hotel TV
03. Moth Song
04. Foreign Bird
05. Cathode Ray
06. Avenue
07. My Angel
08. Analogue
09. God's a Different Sword


The second band was Angine de Poitrine. They played for 48 minutes (19:04 - 19:52). Played a set of 6 songs.

What I can say is that seeing them was interesting and quite funny. Good drum and guitar sound.
I didn't know them before the concert. When they started playing their instruments, I was expecting a voice to sing, but there wasn't one. The sound came only from the guitar and drums.

I will write here the setlist:


01. Yor Zarad
02. Tamebsz
03. Mata Zyklek
04. Sarniezz
05. Fabienk
06. Sherpa


The third singer was Maro. She played for 57 minutes (20:59 - 21:56). Played a set of 12 songs.

Never heard of this portuguese singer before.
I didn't like it. I had a hard time understanding what the vocalist was singing. The vocalist had major issues with enunciation (just my opinion).

I will write here the setlist:


01. So much has changed
02. kiss me
03. IT AIN'T OVER
04. just wanna forget you
05. Lifeline
06. DROWN
07. We could be
08. love's not to beg
09. can you see me?
10. I SEE IT COMING
11. FEELING SO NICE
12. We've Been Loving in Silence


The fourth band was Interpol. They played for 55 minutes (23:10 - 00:05). Played a set of 12 songs.

I saw this band three times in 2010 when they opened for U2 at a few shows (two in Coimbra and one in Rome). This concert makes it four times. Yet, I remember absolutely nothing about those first three shows from 2010.
I didn't find their sound interesting at all this time.

I will write here the setlist:


01. This Mirror Weighs a Ton
02. All the Rage Back Home
03. C'mere
04. Evil
05. Roland
06. See Out Loud
07. Rest My Chemistry
08. Obstacle 1
09. Wings on Fire
10. The New
11. Slow Hands
12. PDA


The fifth act was Robbie Williams. He played for 95 minutes (01:19 - 02:54). Played a set of 17 songs.

It was my 5th time watching Robbie Williams full concert live. Was an amzing show even with Robbie Williams being a little sick.

It is always spectacular to see this man live. He gives his all and then some to entertain the fans. He even mentioned that he has been sick and that several members of the band have been ill all week.

Before the last song "Angels" Robbie said this:

"Bless you guys. You've been incredible this evening.
I mean.
I came out here tonight and I didn't know if I could actually do the show because I'm so f.cked.
And they asked me backstage do you think you'll be ok. And I said. I'm in Portugal I will be f.cking fine. This people love me.
All of my band they've been sick this week so give a round of applause to my band.
And my band give a round of applause for this beautiful people for holding us this evening.
God Bless you. Absolutely perfect.
I can't wait to come back and see you again. Will you come and see us again?"


Robbie came down here a few times. On one occasion (during "Something Beautiful"), he sat on the barrier to my right as he stepped down, he held my hand (for a few seconds) before eventually heading back up to the stage. A second time, he came down the same stairs and touched our hands as he walked toward the front of the catwalk.

I’ve been so tired all day, after arriving at the event venue around 5:50 AM. And the concert didn't end until just before 3 AM. I don't think I've ever seen a concert that late in my entire life.

But the long wait during the day and having to watch four bands beforehand were well worth it.

I will write here the setlist:


01. Let Me Entertain You
02. Let Love Be Your Energy
03. Rock DJ
04. Pretty Face
05. Love My Life
06. Supreme
07. Sexed Up / Candy
08. Relight My Fire (Dan Hartman cover)
09. Something Beautiful
10. Millennium
11. Theme From New York, New York (John Kander cover)
12. Personal Jesus / 9 to 5 / We Will Rock You / Jolene / Y.M.C.A. / Just Can't Get Enough / Hey Jude
13. Kids
14. She's the One (World Party cover)
15. My Way (Paul Anka cover)
Encore:
16. Feel
17. Angels


In bold are the videos I made.

Videos of Robbie Williams (11 videos):

Robbie Williams-Let Me Entertain You, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/RkFtfk0VXIU?si=UTaCdv9DU1C3QnXa
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Rock DJ, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/3SmcUSoRKIQ?si=sSrdDlzsTOlcZGzt
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Pretty Face, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/9sJ53MdYGOI?si=cr2dKlXVnJgO87kk
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Love My Life, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/1Sd7p_ZTVyk?si=G29Ag2jg-ixmTwFU
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Something Beautiful, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/MBhrzWb_U3E?si=R4vXOxXHG_LQOJ7T
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Millennium, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/xpGr_c4XOi4?si=8EvcOcEi5MNgojFC
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Kids, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/ITuuJ9eXGm4?si=EdSDW-Jbh2YBp9zu
And the video:


Robbie Williams-She's The One, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/a_Q9KM2vsXw?si=e2Lp3hCsiirNyhAA
And the video:


Robbie Williams-My Way, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/E4bUQyIrKPo?si=6JqTmyOpPbWg-Vsn
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Feel, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/fix5FllZOWA?si=YT6bCYrkxDxMZdk_
And the video:


Robbie Williams-Angels, MEO Kalorama, Lisbon, PT, 2026-08-28 HD
https://youtu.be/UHzkieDy2xo?si=XyyclysvZ-TVwsCM
And the video:

No comments: