Thursday, June 07, 2012

Bruce Springsteen, 2012-06-03 - Rock In Rio, Lisbon

Sun, Jun 3, 2012 in Lisbon, Portugal @ Rock In Rio (Parque da Bela Vista)

I went to Rock In Rio to see Bruce Springsteen (for the 2th time) live. It was another big day of waiting. But it worth every minute of it.

It was only the second time the BOSS was here in Portugal. I was also on the first show he did here in Lisbon on May 1st, 1993 at Estádio José de Alvalade (19 years before). This 1993 show was really awesome. I remember to see Bruce Springsteen playing for 3 hours.

Before Bruce Springsteen in Rock In Rio, Lisbon played Kaiser Chiefs, James and Xutos e Pontapés.

The first band was Kaiser Chiefs. They played for 47 minutes.
They are always awesome live. The vocalist is a crazy dude who in the middle of a song went to the slide and flew all over us from one side to the other side. Very funny.

I will write here the setlist:

Money For Nothing (Dire Straits song - Intro song)
01. Never Miss a Beat
02. Everyday I Love You Less and Less
03. Everything Is Average Nowadays
04. On the Run
05. I Predict a Riot
06. Kinda Girl You Are
07. Listen to Your Head
08. Ruby
09. The Angry Mob
10. Take My Temperature (with Ricky Wilson singing from the slide)
11. Oh My God


The second singer was James. He played for 69 minutes.
This was the first time I saw "James" live. I have the first 2 CDs of him. I know that he already came to Portugal many times. But this was really the first time for me. He was very good, always speaking to us and even came down near me (you can check my photos).

I will write here the setlist:

01. Whiteboy
02. Ring The Bells
03. Laid
04. She's A Star
05. Getting Away With It (All Messed Up)
06. Out To Get You
07. Johnny Yen
08. Stutter
09. Sound
10. Tomorrow
11. Sometimes
12. Sit Down


The third band was Xutos e Pontapés. They played for 65 minutes.
This time they played at night. I already have seen them other times in Rock In Rio but always on the afternoon time. This time they even got explosions on stage.

I will write here the setlist:

01. Contentores
02. Não Sou o Unico
03. A Minha Maneira
04. Barcos Gregos
05. Homem do Leme
06. Remar Remar
07. Circo de Feras
08. Perfeito Vazio
09. Tonto
10. Quem é Quem?
11. Dia de S. Receber
12. Chuva Dissolvente
13. Maria
14. Minha Casinha
15. Para Sempre


Finally was time for Bruce Springsteen. He started the show at 00h10 (June 4th) and played for 149 minutes.

What an amazing show it was. Bruce was on fire. You can check my videos to remember.

Bruce and band perform a 24-song set at Rock in Rio Festival, only the second time Springsteen has played in Portugal. Bruce didn't take to the stage until after midnight on the morning of June 4th and it was nearly 2.45am before he was finally done. Set closes with the tour debut of "Twist and Shout," the first time this year a show hasn't ended with "Tenth Avenue Freeze-out". Fireworks started when he finished "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" as a form of closing the Festival. But Bruce didn't care and neither did the 81.000 people attending this show who have been waiting 19 years for his comeback. Patti Scialfa is not present.

I will write here the setlist:

01. We Take Care of Our Own
02. Wrecking Ball
03. Badlands
04. Death To My Hometown
05. My City of Ruins
06. Spirit In The Night
07. Because The Night
08. No Surrender
09. She’s The One
10. I’m On Fire
11. Shackled & Drawn
12. Waiting On A Sunny Day
13. The River
14. The Rising
15. Lonesome Day
16. We Are Alive
17. Thunder Road
18. Born In The U.S.A.
19. Born To Run
20. Glory Days
21. Hungry Heart
22. Dancing In The Dark
23. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
24. Twist & Shout* (*Tour premiere)


In bold are the videos I made.

Videos of Bruce Springsteen (5 videos):

Bruce Springsteen-Waiting On A Sunny Day, RIR, Lisbon, PT, 2012-06-03 HD
http://youtu.be/2OO0JvdWS8Y
And the video:


Bruce Springsteen-Born In The USA, RIR, Lisbon, PT, 2012-06-03 HD
http://youtu.be/8XQMXqx6hcU
And the video:


Bruce Springsteen-Born To Run, RIR, Lisbon, PT, 2012-06-03 HD
http://youtu.be/ilRW5zZK-j8
And the video:


Bruce Springsteen-Hungry Heart, RIR, Lisbon, PT, 2012-06-03
http://youtu.be/tOxhSGwKoF4
And the video:


Bruce Springsteen-Dancing In The Dark (Incomplete), RIR, Lisbon, PT, 2012-06-03
http://youtu.be/lI4yA0eY9eY
And the video:

No comments: