Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bon Jovi, 2011-06-25 - Hard Rock Calling, Hyde Park, London

Sat, Jun 25, 2011 in Hyde Park, London, UK @ Hard Rock Calling

Went to Hyde Park to see an amazing festival called Hard Rock Calling (40 years).
When I was getting in I fall to the ground and my trousers got mud from my knees to my feet. Well, it happens!!! On the day before rained a lot in London.
It was a different concert for me because I stayed outside the circle. I was around 150 meters from the stage. I had company of some crazy english fans and some portuguese friends like Ana Romão and Miguel.
Before the first band I bought some merchandise like 2 t-shirts and the tour book. The t-shirts are awesome with the tour dates behind. The tour book is amazing with some new images from the tour book of the year before.
They had a lot of stands with food to buy. It was a long festival, a long day. I lunch some mexican food that I love.
After my lunch I was looking for a good spot to stay and went a little to the left of the stage behind the golden area, about some 50 meters from the area.
I liked almost all the bands that played before Bon Jovi.
Took more than 400 photos all day. More than 200 photos of Bon Jovi.
Another amazing Bon Jovi show with almost 3 hours of music.
I was 2 days without sleep. London always with crazy weather. On Saturday rain, cold, wind, hot, sun. All in the same day. I was lucky, didn't get any rain. And sun and hot all afternoon.
Luton Airport has already an area with chips for portable use, ipods, iphones and so on. VERY GOOD. Was very useful.
Saw my London friend Sandra (your hair color was freaking awesome, she was in the golden area) when I was queuing outside (I knew her since April, May 2004 when I went to London to see Duran Duran 2 times in the Wembley Arena). And it was awesome to have my portuguese friends Ana and Miguel with me during Bon Jovi.

We had 4 bands before Bon Jovi ("Vintage Trouble", "Lissie", "Black Cards" and "Ray Davies").

The first band was Vintage Trouble. They played for 38 minutes.
A blues band really good. I liked a lot of their sound.

I will write here the setlist:

01. Blues Hand Me Down
02. Still And Always Will
03. Love With Me
04. Nobody Told Me
05. Not Alright By Me
06. Nancy Lee
07. You Better Believe It
08. Strike Your Light


The second singer was Lissie. She played for 49 minutes.
Never heard of this singer before, to be honest I didn't like her sound.

I will write here the setlist:

01. Wedding Bells (Hank Williams cover)
02. Worried About
03. When I'm Alone
04. Bully
05. Record Collector
06. Cuckoo
07. Everywhere I Go
08. In Sleep
09. Little Lovin'
10. Pursuit of Happiness (Kid Cudi cover)


The third band was Black Cards. They played for 36 minutes.
I loved this band. They are an american band that I never heard before. The vocalist is Bebe Rexha ( @BebeRehxa ) so pretty. A very good rock sound. During a break of songs a boy in the audience ask the vocalist Bebe Rexha in marriage and the keyboard player or the guitarist answer him that this was already the second marriage proposal. It was funny. On the screens they show the boy. It was funny to see a member of the band changing words with a fan.

Just read this news:
"According to the official Facebook of Black Cards, vocalist Bebe Rexha ( @BebeRexha ) is no longer a member of the band. The group has yet to make an official announcement regarding the departure of Rexha, but she has been removed from all lineup listings on social networks. This may lead some to fear for the future of the group, but fret not because the group just announced plans to release a new mixtape “very soon.” UTG is following both these developing stories closely and will fill you in as updates surface."

I will write here the setlist:

01. Sex
02. Jekyl
03. History
04. Red Whine
05. Tiffany
06. Grenade
07. Dominos
08. Bang
09. Club Called Heaven


The fourth singer was Ray Davies. He played for 60 minutes.
Was very boring. It remind me when I saw Bob Dylan 3 years before in Optimus Alive!08. Even though Ray Davies was so much better than Bob Dylan.
I liked a lot of at least 2 songs he did: "Lola" and "Celluloid Heroes". Songs that Jon Bon Jovi already played in other times including in 2003 when I went to see Bon Jovi also in the same place, Hyde Park. Ray Davies was a stage guest of Bon Jovi and I think Bon Jovi and Ray Davies sang the same 2 songs on stage (at least Lola I remember well).

I will write here the setlist:

01. Low Budget (The Kinks song)
02. 'Til the End of the Day (The Kinks song)
03. After the Fall (The Kinks song)
04. Sunny Afternoon (The Kinks song)
05. Come Dancing (The Kinks song)
06. I'm Not Like Everybody Else (The Kinks song)
07. Nothin' in the World Can Stop Me Worryin' 'Bout That Girl (The Kinks song)
08. Lola (The Kinks song)
09. Celluloid Heroes (The Kinks song)
10. All Day and All of the Night (The Kinks song)
11. Waterloo Sunset (The Kinks song)
12. You Really Got Me (The Kinks song)


Finally was time for Bon Jovi. They played for 175 minutes.

During the show I was behind some young girls who were drinking and talking during the whole Bon Jovi show. I was already burning up. Even got a big tower (big man with 2 meters + or -) in front of me that made me move place.
The concert was awesome.
Even made 2 calls to some portuguese friends in Portugal. First call to Bá in "Hey God" and "Have A Nice Day" and then to Olga in "These Days" and "Blood On Blood". Bá I think she understand the songs and Olga told me didn't understand them (boring).
I made 3 videos. I am sorry but as I was very far away from the stage you can not see the band very well, except on the big screens. But at least the sound is freaking amazing. The first 2 videos made in HD with the iPod Touch and the other one with the digital camera.
"In These Arms" you can see on the left a little of the big 2 meters dude that I try to escape.
"In These Arms" and "Always" HD videos stopped with 2 minutes and some seconds, don't know why, maybe the iPod touch was full!!!
"These Days" is complete, made with the digital camera. In the middle of the video I made some zooms of the stage.

About the songs played:
"Raise Your Hands". Is excellent to start the show.
"Born To Be My Baby". Simply amazing.
"We Weren't Born To Follow". One of my favorite Bon Jovi songs.
I loved "In These Arms". One of my favorite Bon Jovi songs ever.
"Lay Your Hands On Me". Is amazing live. This time with Jon singing. Really good.
Didn't like "Hallelujah". So boring this song. Already heard Bon Jovi singing this 2 or 3 times. Boring.
"When We Were Beatiful". Other of my favorites. Seing live was really good.
"Dry County". 1 of my favorite Bon Jovi songs ever, excellent.
"Always" and "These Days". Also amazing to see them live. 2 of the best Bon Jovi songs ever.
"Blood On Blood". Simply amazing live.

I will write here the setlist:

01. Raise Your Hands
02. You Give Love a Bad Name
03. Born to Be My Baby
04. We Weren't Born to Follow
05. Lost Highway
06. It's My Life
07. In These Arms
08. Blaze of Glory
09. Lay Your Hands on Me
10. Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen From Mars
11. Bad Medicine / Pretty Woman
12. Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover)
13. When We Were Beautiful
14. I'll Be There For You
15. Who Says You Can't Go Home
16. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
17. Hey God
18. Have a Nice Day
19. Keep the Faith
Encore:
20. Dry County
21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
23. Livin' on a Prayer
Encore 2:
24. Always
25. These Days
26. Blood on Blood
Encore 3:
27. I Love This Town


Some videos of Bon Jovi I made (3):

Bon Jovi-In These Arms, Hyde Park, London, UK, 2011-06-25 HD
http://youtu.be/zMIQ_Lrfx9E
And the video:


Bon Jovi-Always, Hyde Park, London, UK, 2011-06-25 HD
http://youtu.be/z1jWbFwSleo
And the video:


Bon Jovi-These Days, Hyde Park, London, UK, 2011-06-25
http://youtu.be/TLFplw4Xwto
And the video:


Next the story of 30 Seconds To Mars at Optimus Alive!11, Passeio Marítimo de Algés, Algés, Portugal on July 8th 2011.

No comments: