Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lisbon Calling, 2008-07-26 - Pavilhão Atlântico, Lisbon

Lisbon Calling - July the 26th, 2008

Lisbon Calling was a special concert with 4 bands of the 80's.

Went to this event to see one of my favourite singers ever "Meat Loaf". It was the 1st time I saw him live. Meat Loaf is amazing in live shows and this time I was there to see that.
Also on this event the amazing "Marillion", "The Stranglers" and the very funny "B-52s".

"Sat, July 26, 2008 in Lisbon, Portugal @ Pavilhão Atlântico"

I saw 4 bands.

Marillion was the first band playing. They played for 57 minutes. It was an amazing show. Steve Hogarth is so amazing to fans. I got 2 picks from Steve Hogarth. One of the picks he put in his forehead on the show. I met a Bon Jovi friend Mónica Leiria who is fanatic for Marillion and Steve Hogarth. She told me about a solo show Steve Hogarth will have about 41 days after this one in "Santiago Alquimista" here in Lisbon. I went there (will tell the story later on the next post).

I will write here the Marillion setlist:

1. You're Gone
2. The Other Half
3. Beautiful
4. Easter
5. Afraid Of Sunlight
6. No One Can
7. Cover My Eyes
8. King of Sunset Town
9. Neverland


The Stranglers was the 2nd band playing. They played for 53 minutes. Not bad.

The B-52s was the 3rd band playing. They played for 58 minutes. They were very fun. The vocalist is very funny and the 2 band girls were also there.

Finally was time for Meat Loaf. He played for 109 minutes. An amazing show. Finally I could see one of my favourite artists ever Meat Loaf. We were told not to take photos during the show. So I only took some photos at the beginning and at the end. The name of the tour was behind stage "Casa de Carne Tour" strange name specially in portuguese!!! I bought some t-shirts and a cap (Seize The Night 2007).


I will write here the Meat Loaf setlist:

1. Intro (Tribal Chant)
2. I Want You So Hard
3. If It Ain’t Broke, Break It
4. Out Of The Frying Pan (And Into The Fire)
5. Life Is A Lemon (And I Want My Money Back)
6. Bad For Good
7. Deadringer For Love
8. 45 Seconds Of Ecstasy
9. Disentience (Instrumental)
10. Paradise By The Dashboard Light
11. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
12. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (only spoken intro and last chorus)
13. I'd Do Anything For Love
14. Bat Out Of Hell
15. Roadhouse Blues

Encore:
16. Why Don't We Do It In The Road


Next post is from Steve Hogarth in Santiago Alquimista, Lisbon, Portugal on September 5th, 2008.
My story of that show will be on the next post.

1 comment:

Belly Surya Candra Orsa said...

Great Blog..!!!! Keep Blogging.... :)